The Assistant Property Manager assists the Property Manager in overseeing the day-to-day operations of an apartment community, performs a variety of administrative/clerical duties and has primary responsibility for the collection and posting of all income due to the property.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• In absence of the Property Manager the Assistant Property Manager must be able to fill in and manage the property.
• Must have the ability to work weekends.
• Collects and accurately posts all rent and other revenue payments and makes deposits on a daily basis.
• Perform One-Site system updates on a daily basis to provide timely information regarding the activity and profitability of the property.
• Implements the eviction and dispossessory warrant procedures according to policies, procedures and state law.
• Prepares accounting and month-end reports in accordance with company policies and procedures including FAS.
• Processes accounts payable according to standard operating procedures.
• Prepares and processes monthly past-due collection reports for submission to the collection agency.
• Processes previous resident’s files after apartment has been inspected and prepares invoices for damage repair.
• Processes all refunds for deposits within 30 days in accordance with state law.
• Creates and maintains positive relationships with residents in an effort to easily resolve issues and to make the property a pleasant place to live.
• Answers phone and provides proper information or refers the call to the appropriate person.
• Conducts/coordinates the annual and interim renewal of residents and the annual health and safety inspections.
• Inputs and processes site-based waiting list.
• Assists the property manager in the day-to-day operations of the community.
• Adheres to the policies and procedures of the Company’s Safety Program.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned by manager.
Education: Some college preferred, but not required
Experience: 1 -3 years in apartment management
Language: Must be fluent in English
Special Skills, Knowledge or Abilities: Possess knowledge of accounting principles and practices, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data, knowledge of real estate practices for apartment rentals, knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services; this includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, and sales techniques.
• Intermediate computer skills
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Email (Outlook, Internet Based)
• Ability to learn industry specific software
• Copy, Fax, and Scanning Machines
• Experience with RealPage Software a Plus!