You’re the detail oriented person the Community Manager relies on to keep all resident files up-to-date. Ensuring that payments are received in a timely manner from all residents and dealing with delinquencies is your primary function. Your role will include collecting rent, reviewing and approving Statements of Deposit Accounts and preparing/ delivering all legal and formal notices. In this job, you will keep an accurate schedule of move-in dates and ensure that move-outs are in accordance to state law and company standards Your role in providing excellent customer service to our residents as well as assisting in the turnover process of the community is essential in the community’s ability to secure new leases and renew leases with current residents.
▪ Effectively maintain product knowledge of community and competitive communities through consistent evaluation of market conditions and trends. Ensure leasing staff develops similar knowledge
▪ Direct efforts to implement sales and marketing plans, which effectively maximize rental income and results in high occupancy
▪ Effectively show, lease and move in prospective residents
▪ Reviews and updates unit availability daily to ensure accuracy and provides a unit availability list to the leasing staff
▪ Adhere to the Standard Operating Procedures
▪ Contributes to achieving the financial goals of the community through assisting in the development, preparation and administration of the capital and operating budgets for the community
▪ Receives and collects all rent and cash receipts in accordance with company standards
▪ Provides clerical and phone support
▪ Maintains all residents files, ensuring completeness and accuracy of all paperwork and documentation
▪ Reviews, and approves Statements of Deposit Accounts, ensuring all statements are completed timely in accordance with state law and that all charges are necessary and accurate as stated on the Move Out Inspection Report, and company standards
▪ Maintains a calendar of scheduled move-ins, ensuring all move-in appointments are completed and all apartments are inspected prior to move-in to ensure compliance with established standards
▪ Prepares and delivers all legal and formal notices, including but not limited to late notices, change in term notices, and notices of violation of community rules and regulations, in accordance state law and company standards
▪ Demonstrates the ability to resolve resident complaints and directs pertinent issues and matters to the Community Manager
▪ Inputs all cash receipts to appropriate income accounts in InSite and prepares and generates a list of deposit receipts and amounts in accordance with company standards
▪ Completes all InSite computer sessions including, Applicant Move-Ins/Outs, Rent Increases/Lease Expirations, Lease Renewals, EOM processing and other InSite processes in accordance with operational manual and company policies and procedures
▪ Initiates all necessary evictions, preparing copies, and forwarding all appropriate paperwork for legal evictions, or other legal proceedings, ensuring all eviction and legal proceedings are followed through to completion
▪ Conducts resident move-out in accordance with state law and company standards
▪ Maintains all account records and transactions including NSF’s, rent allowances, concessions, rent increases and other management approved debits and credits
▪ Ensures the timely collections of all rent receipts through the preparation and distribution of delinquency reports to the Community Manager
▪ Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor
▪ A high school education or equivalent is required. A college degree is preferred, but not required.
▪ The position requires the ability to read and write English fluently, the ability to accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions and the ability to understand and perform all on-site resident management software functions.
Professional Experience Required
A minimum of two years experience in residential property management is required.
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required. Position requires individuals to furnish their own vehicle to fulfill all of the job’s functions.
The position requires excellent skills in the management and motivation of people and the ability to communicate effectively with residents, prospects, and vendors. In addition, the position requires, but is not limited to, the following:
▪ Excellent communication skills
▪ Strong administrative and organizational skills
▪ Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize wisely
▪ Strong customer service orientation
▪ Good understanding of basic accounting practices
▪ Knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements including dealing with vendors and contractors
▪ Ability and access to drive a car
▪ Knowledge of state law as it relates to the handling of Security Deposits and other resident related fees and charges
Computer Skill Requirement
▪ Minimum of basic knowledge of computers
▪ Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
▪ Ability to operate and understand personal computer functions and company utilized software packages
▪ Minimum of basic Internet knowledge
Associate must wear career apparel based on defined company standards.