Summary: Manages and coordinates the team members, daily activities, and resources of the property to achieve established budgeted financial and operational goals, and ensures that the operation of the property complies with Company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, ADA, and other laws and regulations governing multifamily housing operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
◦ Provides input into the development of budget(s) for the property by analyzing and evaluating financial statements, reviewing current and projected marketing information, and accessing operational reports that establish historic and predict performance patterns.
◦ Meets targeted revenues by setting rent rates, ensuring rent and fees are collected and posted in a timely manner, making bank deposits, and preparing and reviewing monthly financial status reports.
◦ Approves and submits invoices from vendors, contractors, and service providers for payment by reconciling work performed or products purchased, ensuring validity of certificates of insurance, coding charges to appropriate Chart of Account codes, and managing communication between the vendor/contractor, accounting, and the client/owner as needed.
◦ Oversees the lease enforcement process by making periodic apartment inspections, following proper notice requirements, evicting residents, and imposing and collecting late fees and other charges as allowable and stated in the terms of the lease.
◦ Gathers, analyzes, and interprets current market and economic trends that may impact the property and implements short- and long-range marketing and leasing strategies to achieve the property’s occupancy and revenue goals.
◦ Promotes resident satisfaction and retention by responding to complaints, questions, and requests in a timely manner, and taking appropriate action to resolve and address service issues. Ensures the property’s maintenance team members comply with the Company’s standards with respect to responding and completing resident service requests.
◦ Conducts regular property inspections and takes appropriate actions to ensure that the physical aspects of the property, grounds, buildings, and amenities meet established standards for safety, cleanliness, and general appearance and appeal..
◦ Supervises property staff by interviewing, hiring, orienting, and training employees, and manages their performance in accordance with Company policies, values, and business practices.
◦ Assists in managing the client/owner relationship by meeting with the owners, conducting property tours, providing updates and information about the property’s performance, and responding to owner requests as needed.
◦ Completes various accounting, financial, administrative, and other reports and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
◦ Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
◦ Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
◦ Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve the property’s efficiency, profitability, and productivity.
◦ Keeps abreast of new trends and changes in the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, apartment association meetings, and other events, and accessing other information sources.
Work Hours: This position is scheduled for 40 hours in a regular work week. Hours of operation vary by site, but typical sites are open from 9:00am to 6:00pm Monday through Friday, and Saturday 10:00am to 5:00pm.
Successful candidates must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent or 5 years of experience as a manager of multi-family product. Employment history that demonstrates the application of property management, sales, marketing, and customer service background sufficient to manage the day-to-day operation of an apartment community, resolve customer complaints and issues, complete financial records, documents, and reports, increase sales revenues, and coordinate the work of a team.
Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain apartment features, and answer questions about the property’s operation.
Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, calculate percentages, and calculate time in order to complete financial records, budgets, time sheets and other fiscal reporting information.
Demonstrated understanding of property operations and, in particular, of lease terms and lease enforcement, including collections. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Demonstrated proficiency in Internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs in order to complete required reports and employment documents. Strong proficiency in using property management software, preferably One Site.