This exciting role encompasses sales, customer service and marketing skills. The primary responsibility of this position is to lease apartments through product demonstration and implementing marketing strategies. Other responsibilities include resident retention and customer satisfaction for the current residents and prospective residents. Administrative duties include completing lease paperwork, updating web advertising and inquiries, and completing leasing reports. Other responsibilities include thorough product knowledge of major competitors through site visits and telephone surveys.
▪ Lease apartments and sell the products and services of the property to prospects
▪ Respond to internet leads, answer prospect calls and conduct property tours following the guidelines outlined in the mystery shop forms
▪ Work to optimize occupancy while maximizing effective leased rent
▪ Utilize established sales and marketing strategies to increase property traffic, maintain closing ratios and work to achieve and exceed budgeted occupancy percentages
▪ Maintain thorough product knowledge of the property and that of major competition.
▪ Accurately prepare and have a thorough knowledge of all lease-related paperwork
▪ Maintain prospect traffic and leasing data, and assist with other computer data entry as necessary
▪ Deliver resident gifts; inspect units for move-ins to ensure units are ready.
▪ Assist with planning and hosting of resident functions.
▪ Responsible for auditing all lease and renewal files for key controls and bonus submission to the Community manager
▪ Plan, schedule and organize resident functions as needed
▪ Review guest cards to ensure entry into Onesite and follow-up as well as monitor any traffic trends.
▪ Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor.
A minimum of a high school education is required. The position requires the ability to read and write English fluently, and the ability to accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions.
Professional Experience Required
No specific previous experience required.
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required. Position requires individuals to furnish their own vehicle to fulfill all of the job’s functions.
▪ Must be team oriented but able to work independently on occasion
▪ Excellent sales skills
▪ Must possess leadership skills and coaching ability
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills
▪ Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
▪ Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism
▪ Must be well organized
▪ Ability to prioritize tasks
▪ Ability to multi-task
▪ Must demonstrate tact and diplomacy
Computer Skill Requirement
▪ Intermediate knowledge of computers
▪ Intermediate knowledge Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
▪ Expanded knowledge of Internet marketing
▪ Ability to learn and operate all company software programs
Learning and Development
Maintain a commitment to ongoing professional development and career growth.
Associate must wear career apparel based on defined company standards.