JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Prepare the property for receiving guests prior to time designated for opening office in accordance with established procedures.
• Ability to work flexible schedule, including weekends, to accommodate community needs.
• Lease apartments and aggressively sell the products and services of the property to which the associate has been assigned with an acceptable closing ratio as a member of the team effort to achieve the goals for the property.
• Serve residents by writing service requests, completing service call backs, and miscellaneous follow through on special requests.
• Conduct site tours including, but not limited to, showing and transporting/escorting prospects around the property to introduce them to the community amenities and show them the decorated model apartments and/or the vacant units available.
• Develop, refine and effectively implement excellent telephone and personal sales techniques.
• Design marketing campaigns to generate activity, cold calling to businesses in order to get hot leads, and decorating units to become show units.
• Contact current residents in person and by written correspondence to renew lease while negotiating the highest rent increase possible.
• Increase property traffic levels, maintain closing ratios and work to achieve and exceed budgeted occupancy percentages.
• Maintain thorough product knowledge of the property and that of other competitors through site visits/tours and telephone surveys.
• Prepare all lease-related paperwork in an accurate and timely manner. Explain all lease documents to new and existing residents. Ensure all documents are completed prior to resident move-in.
• Follow established policies and procedures in the qualification, screening and acceptance of applicants for residency.
• Assist with the day-to-day operations of the apartment community such as answering the phone, taking work orders, etc.
• Ability to work flexible/weekend schedules to accommodate community needs.
• Completion of in-house training is required within the first 100 days of employment.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned by the manager.
Education: High School/GED. Some college preferred.
Experience: One to three years customer service
Language: Must be fluent in English
Special Skills, Knowledge or Abilities: General customer service experience is required and knowledge of general administrative and clerical office procedures and systems, i.e. filing and answering the phones, etc.
• Basic computer skills
• Microsoft Office
• Email (Outlook, Internet Based)
• Ability to Learn Industry Specific Software
• Copy, Fax, and Scanning Machines