- POSITION SUMMARY
We have an opening for someone with a great personality to join our team as a Leasing Consultant who will interact directly with prospective and current residents to achieve maximum occupancy, act as the Company’s representative by conveying the benefits of the community, is responsible for the leasing process from introduction to the actual occupancy of the resident, and maintains communication throughout the tenancy of the resident.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Prepare the property for receiving guests prior to time designated for opening office in accordance with established procedures.
• Ability to work flexible schedule, including weekends, to accommodate community needs.
• Lease apartments and aggressively sell the products and services of the property to which the associate has been assigned with an acceptable closing ratio as a member of the team effort to achieve the goals for the property.
• Serve residents by writing service requests, completing service call backs, and miscellaneous follow through on special requests.
• Conduct site tours including, but not limited to, showing and transporting/escorting prospects around the property to introduce them to the community amenities and show them the decorated model apartments and/or the vacant units available.
• Develop, refine and effectively implement excellent telephone and personal sales techniques.
• Design marketing campaigns to generate activity, cold calling to businesses in order to get hot leads, and decorating units to become show units.
• Contact current residents in person and by written correspondence to renew lease while negotiating the highest rent increase possible.
• Increase property traffic levels, maintain closing ratios and work to achieve and exceed budgeted occupancy percentages.
• Maintain thorough product knowledge of the property and that of other competitors through site visits/tours and telephone surveys.
• Prepare all lease-related paperwork in an accurate and timely manner. Explain all lease documents to new and existing residents. Ensure all documents are completed prior to resident move-in.
• Follow established policies and procedures in the qualification, screening and acceptance of applicants for residency.
• Assist with the day-to-day operations of the apartment community such as answering the phone, taking work orders, etc.
• Ability to work flexible/weekend schedules to accommodate community needs.
• Completion of in-house training is required within the first 100 days of employment.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned by the manager.
Education: High School/GED. Some college preferred.
Experience: One to three years customer service
Language: Must be fluent in English
Special Skills, Knowledge or Abilities: General customer service experience is required and knowledge of general administrative and clerical office procedures and systems, i.e. filing and answering the phones, etc.
• Basic computer skills
• Microsoft Office
• Email (Outlook, Internet Based)
• Ability to Learn Industry Specific Software
• Copy, Fax, and Scanning Machines
Job ID: 412
Posting Date: December 01, 2017
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Interviewer: Regional Manager