The Service Technician is attentive to Company goals relative to resident satisfaction and resident retention; maintains the physical condition and appearance of the community; and performs other “day-to-day” duties determined by the Service Manager that will take into consideration the skills, experience and career goals and how they best fit into the operational needs of the community.
• Perform maintenance work for make-ready units as directed.
• Perform service requests and repairs as directed.
• Clean and inspect all common areas and building systems and correct or report deficiencies to supervisor(s).
• Install major appliances.
• Adhere to the company’s safety programs.
• All other tasks as assigned by the Service Manager.
• Maintain physical appearance of community.
• Maintain common areas of the community.
• Monitor the grounds and pick-up and dispose of trash and debris.
• Ability to work on-call/flexible/weekend schedules
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned by manager.
**Applicant must have their own hand tools.
Education: High School/GED
Experience: One to three years
Certification/Licenses: HVAC, Valid state’s driver’s license, CPO, EPA
Language: Must be fluent in English
Special Skills & Abilities: Must be able to diagnose problems with and repair the following: Hands-on working knowledge of apartment maintenance, appliance repair, plumbing repair, electrical troubleshooting and repair, sheetrock repair, general carpentry, pool care (with required certification), minor roofing repairs, painting, and HVAC repair and replacement.
• Basic to Intermediate computer skills
• Microsoft Office
• Email (Outlook, Internet Based)
• Copy, Fax, Scanning Machine