As #1 support to our Maintenance Supervisor, you’ll assist with a variety of duties including maintaining our property in accordance with operating/safety standards and ensuring service requests and repairs are timely and correct. You will also assist with technical training, communicating and motivating staff to a team-level of top performance as well as purchasing supplies and obtaining bids with management supervision. Your role in delivering excellent customer service to our residents as well as assisting in the cleanliness and marketability of the community is essential in the community’s ability to secure new leases and renew leases with current residents.
▪ Ensure all service requests and repairs are made correctly and in a timely manner
▪ Maintain an organized, clean and safe work area
▪ Assist service manager with monitoring inventory of parts and supplies and appropriate levels
▪ Comply with all personnel management policies and procedures
▪ Help service manager oversee completion of service requests in 24 hours or per community policy
▪ Assist service manager with ensuring staff is motivated and functions as an effective team
▪ Maintain an excellent customer service relationship by adhering to the Company Pledges of Customer Service
▪ Communicate effectively with residents, fellow Associates, vendors and supervisors
▪ Work with service manager to maintain an effective preventative maintenance program
▪ Work with service manager to adhere to budget guidelines
▪ Assist the service manager with maintaining a hazard communications program
▪ Inspect grounds, buildings, and other community features as required to minimize liability concerns
▪ Ensure adherence to the company’s safety and hazard communications programs, policies and procedures
▪ Work with service manager to ensure that physical condition of the community is maintained according to company operating and safety standards
▪ Work with service team to ensure excellent curb appeal at all times
▪ Assist with turn key operations if needed
▪ Adhere to the Company Standard Operating Procedures
▪ Attend and participate in technical training programs to maintain personal skill level
▪ Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor
No specific level of education is required. However, for safety and productivity reasons, the position requires the ability to read and write English. In addition, the position requires the ability to accurately perform basic mathematical functions.
Professional Experience Required
Minimum of one or two year’s previous experience in community management maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade. Older properties (5+ years) may also require previous renovation.
Position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to community staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, overtime hours when requested. Travel may be required for company training classes or to work at other communities as requested. Position may also require the associate to perform on call after hour emergency service. On call associates may be required to reside within a minimum proximity of the community to ensure reasonable response time to after hour emergencies.
▪ A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required. Position requires individuals to furnish their own reliable vehicle to fulfill all of the job’s functions.
▪ EPA certification Type I and II
▪ Pest control (if performed in-house)
▪ Other licenses and certifications as required by Signature, state or federal law.
▪ Basic hand tools ( Not provided by community)
▪ Position requires individuals to be able to use general maintenance equipment including, but not limited to, hand tools, ladders, and refrigerant recovery units, landscaping equipment, and required safety equipment. All equipment must be used without jeopardizing the safety of themselves, fellow associates, and residents. Appropriate safety equipment and apparel must be worn including proper foot ware. (Work boots)
▪ Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills
▪ Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism
▪ Must be well organized
▪ Must be detail oriented
▪ Must be team oriented but able to work independently on occasion
▪ Ability to prioritize tasks
▪ Ability to multi-task
▪ Must be efficient
▪ Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
▪ Must have good problem solving skills
▪ Must be customer service oriented
▪ Ability to meet deadlines (possibly working late hours and/or weekends as needed)
▪ Ability to follow oral and written instructions
Must be able to diagnose problems with and repair the following:
▪ Major appliances
▪ HVAC (EPA Certification)
▪ Basic – Intermediate plumbing
▪ Basic – Intermediate electrical (when no license required)
▪ General carpentry
▪ Pool care (if required by community)
▪ Pest control (if required by community)
▪ Roofs and gutters
▪ Irrigation maintenance and repairs
▪ Fountain maintenance and repairs
▪ Foundation/sidewalk repairs
▪ Ice/snow removal
▪ Golf carts and small engine maintenance
Computer Skill Requirement
▪ Minimum of basic knowledge of computers
▪ Ability to use Outlook
▪ Minimum of basic Internet knowledge
Associate must wear career apparel based on defined company standards.
Technician will spend the majority of their time performing hands-on repairs/maintenance work. Position requires ability to transport or move up to 50 pounds variable distances; the mobility and flexibility to use ladders to access heights in excess of eight to nine feet; the ability to work outdoors in temperatures exceeding 90 degrees or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit and the ability to personally perform general maintenance repair tasks without endangering themselves, residents or fellow associates.